Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Why do I have a blog if I don't keep it updated?

The title says it all. I started a blog so I would have a journal-esque outlet for what is going on in our lives. Lets face it, facebook doesn't really work for this...although I obviously frequent facebook much more often than my blog. *sigh* I can't believe that my last post was before Tucker was born...lazy, lazy me. I remember awhile ago typing out my entire birth story and was going to post it but for one reason or another I never quite hit enter. I should have saved it simply because those memories are already fading...how will I ever properly guilt my child for the excruciating agony of childbirth if I can't remember all the gory details??? Anyways, these are the thoughts of a tired, rambling woman who rarely gets enough sleep...

Well, so I guess I will try to do the last few months a little bit of justice. Nate has started his job at the hospital, we moved to Silverdale, WA....I'm forgetting something...oh, right, we had Tucker! Our sweet baby boy joined us on the 27th of September (11 days overdue! Oy!) at 8 lbs 12.5 oz. and 22 inches. He is truly the light of our lives and most certainly keeps us on our toes day and night! He already has a strong personality and he is not afraid to let anyone know it!

So far the things that he does are as follows:
Roll over (every now and again) from tummy to back and once or twice from back to tummy
Grabs toys and puts them in his mouth
Talks and giggles and coos
Grips fingers and clothes and hair
"Stands" up when pulled to feet
Recognizes Mommy and Daddy and our voices
Chews on his Tigger beanie
Holds head up entirely on his own
Sits up in his bumbo chair
Grabs feet and sometimes bites them
Tracks faces, toys, hands, etc.

He is our Wonder Baby! He amazes us each and every day with his cuteness and by how smart he is. We just love him so much and are so grateful for the blessing that he is to our family. We call him an animal because he is incredibly feisty. He has already mastered the art of fake crying to get our attention. He yells for us when we aren't paying him enough attention and he is feeling left out. He loves, or better yet, NEEDS to be snuggled and held and loved all the time. Tucker is incredibly demanding of my time and energy but I truly wouldn't have it any other way. I call him my "practice baby" but I think he refers to me as his "practice mommy"...he's never been a baby before and I've never been a mommy so we're both figuring things out. I'd give us both an A+ so far!

As I said earlier, Nate is working at the hospital now in the Family Practice Clinic. Back in October he got his orders to Bremerton, WA with him working at Naval Hospital Bremerton. We, technically, live in Silverdale on Naval Base Kitsap-Bangor. (I'm still learning all the lingo, etc.) The hospital is actually on a separate base but its only about 10 minutes from the base we live on. Everything is really great here! We live in a cute 2 bedroom apartment in a really nice, family neighborhood. We live a couple minutes (a 10 minute walk outside) from the Navy Exchange, Commisary, Post Office, gym, movie theater, etc. Its great that all our needs can be met on base but Silverdale is literally like a couple miles down the highway so we are about 10 minutes from Target, Pier 1, Barnes and Noble, the mall, etc. Its really great to have the benefits of living near the city  but with the privacy and seclusion (not to mention safety) of living on the naval base.

Nate loves his job. As I said, he's working at the Family Practice Clinic at the hospital...he's met alot of great people there and they love him and think he is doing a great job! He's also done a couple shifts in the ER, which is really exciting for him...he thrives on the fast-paced nature of the ER. Its so nice for us that our first experience with the Navy has been so easy (so far!). Nate goes to work around 6:30 and is usually home by 5:30. I love having him home every night and we love being able to be together all the time after spending almost 10 months apart. He is doing really well and I'm so proud of him for his hard work and for the work that he is doing for our family and our country. He also has been training for marathons and already completed his first marathon on the 1st of January. He did great! He's my love cheetah...so fast!

Right now I'm a stay at home mommy so nothing really exciting from day to day but it is amazing getting to spend my time with my son and being able to see him grow and experience the world every day. Its wonderful getting to see the world through the eyes of a child again. He is amazed by the lights of the Christmas tree and the t.v....I love seeing his eyes get wide when he sees something bright or colorful and I absolutely adore the way he smiles and giggles when we talk to him and make noises for him. I'm still trying to catch up on sleep and rest (thanks Tucker for only sleeping 3-4 hours at a time at night) but I'm doing really great. I've started getting to gym and working out so I'm well on  my way to getting my pre-prego body back. My new year's resolution is to lose 15 lbs (the rest of the baby weight) and just be healthier for myself and for my family. I've given up soda pop (my vice) to help cut out some of the excess sugar I eat. I'm really proud of myself so far! Its going to be a great year!

Well, that's all for now. I know its not alot to make up for over 3 months but oh well...I will just start on being better now!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jess! I'm so glad you have a blog, especially since we don't live near each other anymore! Thanks for this post! It's nice to have some way of keeping track of you and your little family
    -Darby

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice to see someone else posting! i felt like a freak! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome blog! I'll have to add yours to my list. I'll try to be better about posting too. Mine's kinda like my journal--I've got to be better about it!

    ReplyDelete