Wednesday, March 30, 2011

End of March....Spring is here!

Its going to rain today. I can say that with 90% surety because it pretty much rains every day. Especially when I wake up and the sky is all cloudy and gray and ugly. Plus it rains almost every day here so its not much of a stretch to assume that it will. Oh well, Nate took my car to work today (to save on gas) so its not like we were planning on going anywhere anyways. We try to get out of the house every few days or so just so we can change things up a little. Gets a little stale sitting around the house all the time. That's why the weather is so important here! Taking Tucker out isn't incredibly difficult but when I figure I have to carry a 16 lb.+ baby and a giant diaper bag and carseat while juggling keys and cellphone, etc. the rain just compounds the difficulty because now I'm doing everything soaking wet. Not so fun.

So today it looks like we will be staying in. No big deal. Tucker is still in the process of his late morning nap so I'm tied to the couch. Not that I'm complaining really, I have it very easy. Some of the most difficult parts of the day are simply deciding whether to make eggs and toast for breakfast or oatmeal. If its a particularly difficult day I have to decide whether to use my eucalyptus shampoo or my coconut. Generally if I plan on "doing" my hair I go with eucalyptus because it makes it a little more manageable and smooth for straightening, etc. But if I'm gonna be lazy and let nature take its evil, frizzy course on my hair then I go coconut and don't look back.

I digress, we really weren't planning on leaving the house today anyways. Tucker hasn't been feeling particularly well anyways, I'm pretty sure its for surely teething this time. He's a regular baby who loves to chew on his hands and pretty much everything else but it seems like he is doing it more often and much more vigorously. He is a little drool monster too. But that is also a regular baby trait. Who knows? I've been told by other people that he's teething all the time. I pretty much just ignore people when they say this because how would they know, anyways? Did Tucker tell you he's teething? No. The only reason I genuinely think he is now is because he just past his 6 mo. birthday and it seems like its about time. I have no evidence other than it seems like its about time.

Since he hasn't been totally himself, we will enjoy being lazy around the house. He's a baby and deserves to be treated as such. I absoutely HATE it when people tell me I need to "teach" him to play on his own or he needs to "grow" up eventually. Really? He's 6 mo. old! I'm not quite ready to make him get a job and pay rent quite yet. As he grows up he will only grow more independent from me and won't want to be held, cuddled, kissed, hugged, etc. So doggone it I'm going to enjoy his "baby-ness" as much as I can, while I can. I'm his mama and I know best. This is a fact that is not up for discussion or debate. Period.

Enough of my baby rant. Sweet boy has his 6 mo. checkup next week. I can't wait to find out how big he is. He's definitely grown significantly in the last two months since his last appointment. Most of his growing is obviously very subtle but I can see the change this time. I think most of it can be attributed to his eating solid foods now. He looooves his baby food! We are still nursing just as much but now he gets a jar of food a day (except on the days that I forget). So far he has had apples, pears, peaches, squash, sweet potatoes, green beans, peas, mangoes, kiwi, corn, and prunes. Peas were the only ones he didn't like. He's my little eating champion! He's even trying to grab the spoon and "help" me feed him. What a little ham....

He's also started to bounce and rock on his hands and knees. I don't think he's going to be crawling in the next few days or anything but I think sometime in the next month for sure. Who knows, he might even walk before he crawls!!! He certainly keeps me busy all the time with his antics...he's even started to whine and cry when I leave his area of vision. *Sigh* this is why I have strategically placed seats for him throughout the apartment. When I'm in the living room he is either on his mat, my lap or in his exersaucer. In the kitchen he sits in his bumbo chair and when I'm in the bathroom he hangs out in his lamb chair. I think he just likes to keep an eye on me to make sure I'm staying out of trouble. Lucky me to have such a watchful eye on me!!!

Well, the title of this post was about spring so I guess I should get to it. Its here! There are some pretty purple and white flowers blooming outside our apartment. Well there *were* some flowers blooming. We had a terrific rainstorm last week and it actually flattened all of them! I keep waiting for them to perk back up but the rain keeps pounding them. Oh adversity.....at least its warming up! Can't wait for the weather to keep getting better and to get out and explore with my munchkin!

No comments:

Post a Comment